TCS Tools is a set of components for Dynamics 365 – it’s a work in progress solution, you can find the summary of those components below. Feel free to download it and deploy in your Dynamics instance. Don’t forget to keep me posted on how it works out for you.
In order to deploy the solution, follow this steps:
- Download managed solution file from here: TCS Tools for Dynamics
- Import this solution file to Dynamics
- Open Dynamics default solution(customizations) and add “TCS Expression”, “TCS Lookup Configuration”, and “TCS Number Sequence” entities to the “settings” area (or to the area of your choice), then publish all customizations
Note: there used to be a link to the version of TCS Tools for 8.x here, but that version is no longer supported.
Once the solution has been deployed, follow the links below to find out what’s available there:
- How to use a workflow to update related entities
- How to use a workflow to set a lookup
- How to use a workflow to switch the business process
- How to add code expressions without plugins
- How to verify if an attribute value has changed in the worfklow
- How to configure Quick Find to search in the related entities
- How to: lock and hide controls/sections/tabs in a structured way
- How to: create a multi-line form notification
- How to: roll up without limitations
- How to: run a workflow on the related entities
- How to verify if a user is a member of the team (post coming)
Code Now plugin for XrmToolBox
CodeNow plugin has its own home page now: http://www.itaintboring.com/tcs-tools/code-now-plugin-for-xrmtoolbox/
DISCLAIMER: You can use TCS Tools and Code Now plugin on your Dynamics projects – there are no strings attached. However, if you do so, that means you agree that the author (me) cannot be held responsible for any issues that may or may not occur in your environment due to the use of these tools.