“Dojo – a room or hall for the practice of martial arts” (dictionary.com)
What is Dynamics Dojo? Essentially, it’s going to be a meetup in Ottawa dedicated to Dynamics CRM/365. Ottawa is a government city where almost every government department has started to use Dynamics for all sorts of projects. Many of us work on those projects as either full-time employees or consultants, and I am pretty sure we have a lot to share and learn from each other.
So, in a way, this meetup is going to be a place for the practice of Dynamics CRM/365.. the Dynamics Dojo.
How will it work?
We will try to organize 1.5-2 hours sessions a few times per month, and they will be following the same format:
- Introductions (10 minutes)
- Feature/Functionality/Solution/Idea presentation (a 20 minutes presentations followed by 10 minutes of Q&A)
- Ask an expert OR Surprise Us session (if there are questions to discuss, we will use this time. Those could be any questions related to Dynamics – this is the time to share the knowledge/concerns/etc. Otherwise, we will use this time to deliver one-two mini presentations on the Dynamics-related subjects)
We will have RSVP pages for the upcoming sessions so everyone willing would be able to indicate their attendance. Each of those pages will outline the agenda for the session(Core Concept topic & presenter; feature topic & presenter; session location)
In short, that’s the idea. We’ll figure out the details as we go.
Right now, though, I’m looking for some support:
- We need to find a few places. Personally, I’m totally fine doing this in the Starbucks or TimHortons, but it depends on the number of people who will attend. If we have more than 5-6 people.. We’ll need a bigger room with a screen. Is there a company out there willing to step in? You’ll be known as the official sponsor of Dynamics Dojo (might not be the only one, though:) )
- I can certainly share some knowledge, but we’ll need more people to join in. Would you be interested in delivering some of those sessions? Get in touch – let’s have a quick chat.
- Finally, we need people to attend for all of this to be useful at all. This is a tricky one, though (what if no one comes? Or what if there are too many?:) ) Anyway, if you are interested in attending the session, RSVP asap
If either of that looks like something you would do.. Get in touch: